L-Dopa (Mucuna Pruriens)
$13.99 – $37.99
500 mg Capsules
- Great Focus Enhancer
- Many Improve Energy & Libido in Men & Women
- No Binders or Fillers
- Vegetarian Capsules
L-Dopa is an amino acid that is produced in the brain of humans and animals that can also be produced in plants, such as mucuna pruriens. It is produced by the biosynthesis of an amino acid known as L-Tyrosine, which is present in the brain of most living organisms.
L-Dopa is a vital precursor to the release of many types of brain chemicals such as Dopamine and epinephrine. These are what makes our brains healthy and keeps us happy. In its purest form, L-Dopa plays the role of a psychoactive chemical that is used to boost the production of Dopamine and related chemicals. It makes for one of the most important chemicals in the brain. Although the brain naturally produces this chemical, lower doses of it can cause a person to develop mental issues such as anxiety and depression. It is, therefore, important to make use of supplements to restore a chemical balance.
L-Dopa is accessed from the Mucuna Pruriens plant, also known as the velvet bean, and can be bought over the counter. It is mostly sold without a prescription and is considered a therapeutic supplement.
Mechanism of Action
The supplement is known for its bioavailability and is easily synthesized by the body. It quickly dissipates inside the body and travels to the various organs by crossing the blood barrier. L-Dopa is said to affect the body in many ways including having a positive effect on the hormones and libido. The increase in Dopamine levels enhances hormonal activity.
L-Dopa is often recommended for Parkinson’s patients, as it helps in controlling involuntary movement generated in the skeletal muscles. The increase in Dopamine levels also induces greater brain activity and helps a person remain alert for long.
L-Dopa supplements can have a multitude of positive effects on the body, some of which are explained here,
- One of the main effects of the supplement is that it helps in enhancing the release of Dopamine in the brain. Dopamine is responsible for a person’s capacity in remaining happy and can help with staving off anxiety and stress. Although there is no hardcore evidence for the same, it is believed that it is also possible to reverse the effects of anxiety on the mind to a large extent.
- It is known to reduce the effects of Parkinson’s disease, with approved treatment programs by Medicare. Although one might not be able to see a radical difference within a short period of time, it is possible to avail positive benefits over a course of time. It is important to note that it might not be able to reverse Parkinson’s; it may only provide relief from the symptoms to a certain extent.
- L-Dopa is said to help those who suffer from restlessness. Restlessness is a condition where a person is constantly anxious and remains rather fidgety. Consuming this supplement can help to some degree by calming the person down.
- The chemical is said to have a positive effect on testosterone and can improve its production in the body. Therefore, it is recommended to males looking to increase their sperm count and enhance their testosterone levels.
- It has been prescribed to people who want to improve their sex life, as the compound is said to improve libido. Regular consumption of this supplement can also help in improving sexual stamina.
- L-Dopa is also said to have some positive effects on other hormones that are produced in the body. These hormones are produced to keep the body healthy and will, therefore, result in a healthier body.
- It is believed that L-Dopa can help in reducing the levels of cortisol in the brain. Cortisol is released when a person is stressed out and can assist in reversing the effects of cortisol to a large extent.
- The supplement is also said to enhance physical strength and stamina to a certain extent. Some athletes consume the supplement before a sporting event to enhance their physical strength. However, it might not be able to considerably improve muscular strength.
- Some reports claim that this supplement can be used to improve overall well-being and can be considered a good replacement for vitamin supplements. However, there is no conclusive proof for the same with research still pending.
Possible Side Effects of L-Dopa
It is evident that all supplements come with their fair share of side effects, and so does L-Dopa. However, these mostly occur when the dosage is not right. Here are some of the side effects of L-Dopa.
- If consumed in the wrong amounts, the chemical can lead to sleeplessness. Insomnia is not a very favorable side effect and can leave the person feeling extremely fatigued. It is therefore important to consume the supplement in the right amount and not overuse it. Your physician will be able to recommend the right dose for you.
- Taking too much of L-Dopa can also cause hair loss. An increase in the level of testosterone can result in the production of DHT, which can bind to the roots of one’s hair and cause them to fall out. It is, therefore, recommended to consume it in recommended doses.
- The supplement can also induce high blood pressure and make the user quite uncomfortable. It is best to consume the recommended dose and not overdo it.
- Excess amounts of the chemical can result in gastrointestinal bleeding. It is, therefore, important to first consult a physician and consume the recommended dose.
- An overdose might also trigger muscle sensitivity. It is therefore crutial to stay within the recommended dosage.
Most people are recommended a dosage of no more than 500 mg per day. As you know, it is quite important to stay within the limit, and so, it is best to first consult a physician about the dosage.
You must also consider the fact that even 100 mg will be able to produce the same results provided you consume the supplement on a regular basis. You can start off with a lower dose and increase it as you go. This will help you know exactly how much to consume.
The maximum recommended dosage for this supplement stands at 900 mg, but it will require a prescription from a medical practitioner.
L-Dopa as an extract from the mucuna pruriens plant is available over the counter but should be consumed with caution. As you know, an overdose can lead to a number of health consequences. You might not need a prescription for it and can also be ordered online. You will have to follow the recommended dosage to ensure that you avail full benefits of this supplement.
These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
1 Bottle (60 Caps), 2 Bottles (120 Caps), 3 Bottles (180 Caps)